One Planner's Archive

Discussion Papers & Articles

Victoria's New Residential Zones
Aboriginal Cultural Heritage
Calculating Council's 60 Day Timeframe
Applying for Costs at VCAT
Amending a Planning Permit

When Can I Seek a S.115CA Reimbursement

Following on from the above article, a recent VCAT appeal required the Tribunal to consider if it was possible to lodge a request for reimbursement of VCAT fees, pursuant to Sec.115ca, after the final Order for the appeal had been made.

Councils Fight Back on VCAT Fees

Regular readers and applicants will be aware of Section 115CA of the VCAT Act, introduced in 2014. Section 115CA provides that the VCAT application fee for a permit applicant’s appeal against ‘failure-to-determine’ (within the 60 day statutory timeframe) is required to be reimbursed by Counci